Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Momentarily Passing Through Your Life


Time to say goodbye for now to South Dakota.  It was a fabulous trip for animal pictures; the best I've ever seen.  I rigorously deleted photos in the evening after the day's shoot and still came home with over 1300.  Of those, probably five or six are outstanding.  That's enough.  I'm content.

Many more shots are going to be raw material for paintings.  Not that you'll ever see my paintings in a museum, at least not unless there's a sudden resurgence of popularity for 'primitives'.  I'm not as good as, well, anybody.  And not as bad as, say, Mark Rothko, with his substandard materials changing color and falling apart after a mere 30 years.  I'm a middling painter in the middle of America's corn country.  And on a good day I can almost convince myself I'm content with that.

No comments: