Friday, July 12, 2013

And Now A Response From The Coyotes


"Excuse me?  Why should the turkeys get such sympathetic treatment in this blog?  I have to live, too.  I'm a valuable part of the ecosystem.  As an omnivore I'll try anything once - cactus fruit, flowers, insects, rodents, lizards, rabbits, birds, even snakes.  Adaptability is my middle name!

"And furthermore, I have hungry pups back at the den that keep me hunting day and night.  Those kids!  But you have to admit they're adorable.  Much cuter than turkeys with their boring eggs.  Have you ever seen a baby turkey???  Aack, a face only a mother could love!

"In a desert environment like this only 5% to 20% of my pups will survive their first year.  So give me a break (especially on the highway).  And an occasional turkey dinner wouldn't go amiss, either."

1 comment:

Lutefisk said...

Missed another dinner right under her nose. Great capture!!