Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Road Not Taken



"Two roads diverged in a wood
(well they didn't, really, there was just the one, but it makes a better story if it seems there's a choice, doesn't it?)

and I -
(I and my dog, that pretty much goes without saying; we're always together)

I took the one
(and was propelled down it much faster than I would have preferred, said dog having caught wind of some other critter unwise enough to be out on a freezing cold day)

less traveled by
(well, it was a broad well-maintained road, really, even if it was covered with some darn slippery ice)

And that has made all the difference."
(I should think so!  I mean, it stands to reason it would.  Kind of an anticlimactic ending though, isn't it?  Not at all the big finish I was expecting.)



I just got a letter from the Robert Frost Appreciation Society asking me to tear up my membership card.  Sheesh, everybody's a critic.

2 comments:

Lutefisk said...

No angst wondering what's around the next corner.

isight said...

Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson